Integrate with Scrivener?

Hi guys, do any of you happen to have any tips or tricks for integrating Drafts 5 with Scrivener? I would love to be able to export text from Drafts into Scrivener as part of my workflow for a book I am trying to write. I think I used to be able to do this with the older Drafts - would love to do it with the new version. Thanks!

Scrivener has zero scripting ability, a decade after the developer first suggested he might add AppleScript support https://www.literatureandlatte.com/web/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34852

There are x-scrivener-item:// urls but they only work on the Mac.

It seems that Drafts 4 allowed sending to Scrivener via an Open In… action which doesn’t exist in Drafts 5.

If you have Workflow (app) installed, a workaround for open in could be to call a Workflow workflow from a Drafts whose only action is to open in with the app set as Scrivener.

Yes, that works. I had just given up trying to get something in Workflow but I was using the share actions in Workflow not Open In… (didn’t actually realise it existed…).

I made a simple workflow in Workflow, and it did exactly what I needed. Thank you all!

Note that 1) you’ll have to have a project open in Scrivener before sharing and 2) that the text will end up in whichever project is open.

Where did the Open In action go?

@sylumer
thank you for the workflow action

@dfay
Thanks for the pointing to open Scrivener folder.

Drafts 5 now has Open In too which is quite helpful in the interaction with Scrivener. See here.