POLL: What services would you like to see added to Drafts?

I’ll look at what can be done with the URL schemes. When I thought of “integration”, I thought of how apps are now able to use the open-in-place functionality with the iOS file system. The nice thing about that would be, for example, the ability to open script files in Textastic or another programming text editor that is more suited to scripting. Any changes in one app are automatically reflected in the others, including Working Copy. It’s a fantastic workflow for my Python files and some other things, but I understand if it’s not a good fit for Drafts.

1 Like

What about MS Teams and Anylist?

1 Like

Thanks so much!

I signed up for a account to thank you for working on a MacOS version of Drafts.

Also - Take your time to make it great - don’t feel rushed! I’m sure many of us work in software, and we understand that good stuff takes time. :smile:

1 Like

Amen to that! I once worked with a project leader who always remarked, “We will serve no software before its time!” (Of course, you would have to be old enough to recognize the reference to Orson Well’s brief stint pushing wine to get the humor…)

Send to Scrivener.

This might be a difficult one! But as a professional writer reliant on the most widely-used tool for long-form writing, a way to send/add/append to Scrivener would be hugely beneficial.

This would require L&L to up their automation game in ways that aren’t likely given the size of their shop. See Integrate with Scrivener?

Does Pastebin have an API that you could hook into?

1 Like

Just for info, PasteBin does indeed have a documented API that could be used.

I’d +1 PasteBin integration :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Ooh how about Telegram Messenger using tg://

I can’t find any docs on Telegram Messenger’s URL scheme. If they can accept text than nothing is needed to support them, just create an action with a URL step formatted as needed. You may need to request information from Telegram on what they support.

3 Likes

I forgot to add a big vote here: WordPress. I’d love to see an action that has all of the settings of what Shorcuts/Workflow and Ulysses have.

Please and thank you.

2 Likes

How about the ability to specify an iCloud Drive folder other than “Drafts?”

I’m pretty sure that’s an iOS sandboxing limitation.

Apps are limited to accessing their own iCloud Drive folders only by OS sandbox limitations. Import-Export are possible only using the document browser (or open/save dialogs on Mac) and those are actually run by the OS and the app is only given access to the selected file destination for read/write.

One service that would be incredibility helpful to me would be to be able to connect/post to Scrivener as simply and directly as Drafts connets/posts to Evernote. As a working writer Scrivener and Evernote are my most used applications on my iPhone & iPad. The combination of Drafts for quick notes and related light lifting tasks together with Scrivener for heavy lifting writing would be a game changing combination for working authors.

1 Like

Seconded, re Scrivener action.

Me too, if possible.

I do not think Scrivener supports direct integration in the iOS app, and they do not have a web service like Evernote to integrate with.

I know i have seen Drafts users in the past integrate with Scrivener via Dropbox, by writing to files that Scrivener will see in a project that is host in Dropbox - but I’m honestly not familiar enough with Scrivener to comment on what is require for that setup.

The issues are on the Scrivener side, explained here:

1 Like

I do find it frustrating that all sending of entries in tasks cannot simply be passed to an app without a data connection.

Taking Todoist as an example I cannot send a list of tasks and send it to Todoist locally straight to the app. (Todoist does work in offline mode btw).