Per action search visibility settings (global toggle)

I love the fact that we’ve got granular controls on how actions appear. That said, it can be easy to lose track of actions.

For example: I just installed an action today, searched for it, and couldn’t find it because although it was set to be available in a list and action bar, it was set to not be visible in search.

It’s a minor issue, but I think it would be really helpful, if the actions management panel had an all pervasive search.

Also, maybe a global or per action group ability to set all visibility toggles on or off?

Of course, part of the problem is that I have so many actions in my Drafts setup that I need a robust search… :slight_smile:

As ever, please excuse if this has already been discussed elsewhere, or if a solution already exists and I’ve missed it.

This might be worth a look

Thanks for this reference! Reading back over it, I have a suspicion that I’ve used the action suggested in that post at some point in the past.

Regardless, I’ve tried it again: Fix for trouble searching actions after v42 update

Ran the action to make actions searchable, installed a new action (Copy as Rich Text), searched for the new action. New action is installed as not visible in search context. So it remains entirely possible that users can install actions and not be able to find them in the future.

Again, this is a relatively minor issue, and may only affect people with lots of actions. Also, the solution I’m proposing is probably non-trivial. Nonetheless, I still think it’d be useful to have a search in the actions management interface.

Another option might be a default visibility setting for all installed actions, though that wouldn’t cover all of the same ground.

My current workaround would be to run a “list all actions” action (Create List of All Actions…) and then search that list.