I cannot search actions recently

Hello everyone,

I recently discovered that I cannot search for my newly installed actions on either iOS or macOS, although I can still find previously installed actions. I’ve already ensured that the “Search in Visibility” option is checked. Can anyone help me with this issue? I use the latest versions of both macOS and iOS.
I installed the ThoughtAsylum | Drafts Directory action group. After installation, I checked the “Search in Visibility” option. Since then, I haven’t been able to search for any new actions using the action search box; only my previously installed actions appear.

1. Have you tried quitting and reopening the apps?
  2. Is there a difference between the results of the action search field and the search in the command palette in terms of what actios are listed when you search?
  3. Can you confirm you are not adding new actions into an action group where you have set the visibility off?
  4. If you move an unfound action to a brand new empty action group does it show in search?

Dear Sylumer,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have identified the issue. The action group I installed had its search visibility set to “off” by default for both the group and each individual action within it. While I turned on the group’s visibility, I left each action’s visibility unchanged, so their search visibility remains off. To resolve this, I need to enable search visibility for each specific action individually.

The problem is that there are many actions in each group, requiring me to adjust the search visibility one by one. Do you know of any methods to turn on the search visibility for all actions at once?

I don’t I’m afraid. But I’m also not sure how this could have occurred without you setting them this way (or download this way) individually in the first place :man_shrugging:t2:

How recently? It seems most likely you got bit by the migration issue from January described in this post (fix included):

Thanks very much, the problem totally resolved now

1 Like