Drafts Pro Price Change Coming Jan. 1, 2021

We are making a few changes to Drafts Pro, the first changes since the Pro subscription option became available in April 2018.

We wanted to let people know ahead of time about the changes and answer questions about how these changes might affect them and their use of Drafts.

Nothing is Being Taken Away

There will be no changes to the free version of Drafts.

You can continue to use Drafts, create, edit, and sync your data, use actions, and more, on all platforms as long as you like at no cost.

As before, Drafts Pro unlocks advanced features like custom actions, workspaces, and themes (Details). New Drafts Pro features will be added in the future and remain part of your Pro subscription. We have a lot of great stuff planned for 2021, so stay tuned.

We’ve Added Family Sharing

Apple has recently made it possible to share in-app purchases, including subscriptions, via Family Sharing. We have made this available for Drafts Pro. This change will allow a single purchase of Drafts Pro to be used by other Apple IDs in your Family Sharing group without additional cost. We have posted separately with all the details about enabling Family Sharing.

Price Change

Starting Jan. 1, 2021, new Drafts Pro subscriptions will cost $29.99/year (USD) or $2.99/month (USD).

If you have an existing Drafts Pro subscription or start a subscription before Jan. 1, 2021, you will continue to pay $19.99/year or $1.99/month as long as that subscription remains active.

Through December 31, 2020

• $19.99 USD per year (with Free 7 Day Trial)
  • OR $1.99 USD per month
  • Both monthly and annual options support Family Sharing
  • Subscriptions started before Dec. 31, 2020, will be able to keep this pricing as long as the subscription is active.

Beginning January 1, 2021

• $29.99 USD per year (with Free 7 Day Trial)
  • OR $2.99 USD per month
  • Both monthly and annual options support Family Sharing

Thanks!

We very much want to express our appreciation to all Drafts Pro subscribers, without whom Drafts could not exist. We are working hard to keep improving the app and have a lot of great things planned for 2021, including not just app features, but better resources to help you get the most of Drafts!

FAQ

Can I continue to use Drafts for free?

Yes, of course. There will be no changes to the feature set of the free version. You can continue to use Drafts, create and sync your data, use actions, and more on all platforms as long as you like at no cost.

How do I subscribe?

Drafts Pro can be purchased in the app on iPhone, iPad or Mac. On iPhone and iPad, tap the Settings gear at the lower right and “Learn More” about Drafts Pro at the top of that screen. On Mac, select 1Drafts > Preferences1 from the main menu, and open the “Drafts Pro” tab to the right. Drafts will also prompt offering the Pro subscription when you use features which require it.

I already have a Drafts Pro subscription, will my pricing increase?

No. If you have an existing Pro subscription, your pricing will remain the same as long as that subscription remains active. If you have been considering subscribing, you can still start a subscription prior to Dec. 31, 2020 and be able to keep the current pricing.

What if I am subscribed to Drafts Pro, but want to pay the new $29.99/year rate because I love it so much?

You are very kind, and it is certainly not necessary for you do so, but if you want to resubscribe at the new rate, just set your current subscription to not auto-renew in your subscription settings, and after it expires, you can re-subscribe in the app at the new rate.

4 Likes

Oh … I came here to ask about a discrepancy between the upgrade popup pricing (at 19.99) and the IAP subscription window (showing 29.99) … but I guess it makes sense now (worth updating that though :slight_smile:

Apologies that this came up this way. There can be a gap between loading the price information to display (which gets cached in the app) and the updates at the App Store end which affect the transaction as Apple rolls out the price change.

All good! I just wish I had subscribed 2 days earlier, haha – but still, worth every penny. Keep up the excellent work!!!

1 Like

The new price in my country is €3,49/month. Is that intentional?

(I don’t know whether it was already more than €1,99/month before 2021, but it might be, since my “grandfathered” yearly subscription is €20,49/year)

aaah shoot. two days late…

But now I got an explanation anyway. I did think it was another price when I hit the subscribe button. :slight_smile:

However this is too steep for my usage so I will cancel my subscription.
Nice program though