Questions/Suggestions for Drafts for Mac Beta

I’m not sure that paradigm fits for a full-fledged application like Drafts, especially when the menu bar icon is already tied to a “quick” version of the app. Do you think that you’ll do most of your processing on iOS once actions are available on macOS? I’m not against the idea, persay, but rather see it as a potential source of confusion for users. How would you access the “full” version of Drafts if you only had a menu bar icon? I suppose you could implement a right-click menu, but that would be non-intuitive as many menu bar apps don’t utilize that paradigm.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I’m not against it, but rather just see it being difficult to implement in an intuitive way.

Would love this too. I often run a keyboard shortcut to “quit all” apps to clean up the dock. Most of the utility apps I use can be run menu bar-only, so it would be amazing if Drafts could get this functionality in the future. Thank you!

Happy to report this is fixed in the latest beta

Well, a lot of full fledged apps do that. Like Fantastical as mentioned. You access the window either by using the menu bar icon, or by activating the app using your launcher, or clicking the application icon in Finder, launchpad, etc. It’s also always optional, so I don’t think it would confuse users since those who don’t want it wouldn’t opt in to use it.

The search feature works differently on iOS and the desktop. For instance, on my phone I can search for "[ ]" to get a list of incomplete actions, perhaps so that I can transfer them into OmniFocus. On Mac, "[ ]" returns an empty search. [ ] returns everything that has matched brackets, including stuff like this is a [link](http:...).. It’d be great if the search syntax was the same between apps.

It would be really useful if the menu bar icon didn’t open a window separately, but in the menu bar, like this:

LightPaper does this, and it’s the best solution I’ve found for quick or temporary notes (which is honestly what I’ve always used Drafts for in iOS).

It would be great if the Quick Capture window grabbed focus on launch (via keyboard shortcut).

I’d love to see “Empty Trash” removed from the right click context menu on an individual draft on the draft list. I can’t count how many times I’ve unintentionally emptied my trash rather than sending that draft to trash.

My Drafts version (latest beta) crashes on startup. I can’t report the bug via the ‘Send Feedback’ menu option for obvious reasons.
Any ideas how I can ‘reset’ the app to force a complete resync.
I suspect this may solve the issue, since I changed a whole lot of things, Drafts, Workspaces etc on my iPad this afternoon and I guess the Mac app has a hiccup with these changes…

I would like to see some more improvements to the Menu bar - namely that the Menu bar window works in fullscreen apps. Currently will switch to another desktop