Drafts 5.2 is now available in the App Store. Navigation of longer drafts, the ability to assign tags as part of an action’s “after success” settings, improved Watch sync and more. Details:
New in 5.2
- Actions now have an “Assign tags” after success setting. In addition to moving a draft to the archive or trash, after success can now also assign tags - great for marking or filing away drafts automatically when processing them. For example, set the Tweet action to automatically assign the “tweet” tag when run on a draft and you can later easily filter for tweets. Details
Scripting additions to support switching workspaces and action groups:
- Allows for action setup to load a workspace, and simultaneously switch selected action list and keyboard row.
- Inquiry about and toggle visibility of drafts and action lists:
- Load action groups and apply workspaces in script:
- Also Workspace and ActionGroup objects to allow lookup of groups and workspaces.
- More details on scripting reference site
Additional URL Actions
/loadActionGroup?name=GROUP-NAME- loads action group in action list
/loadKeyboardActionGroup?name=GROUP-NAME- loads action group in extended keyboard.
- Details in URL scheme documentation
- "List in Reminders" action step now has a template. Useful to create one for sending only [[selection]] or passing in values from script or prompt. Details
Other Fixes and Changes in 5.2
- Fix (Watch): Improvements to communication between Watch and Phone to address some issues with stuck transfers.
- Fix (Watch): Watch app auto-capture from complication did not work if app was already running and open to a view other than the main capture view.
- Fix: Some tweaks to Taskpaper syntax.
- Change: Do not dismiss any presented views when the new draft creation timeout is fired to avoid loosing unsaved work in actions, etc.
- Fix: Moving through action list with up-down arrow keys should scroll items into view when necessary.
- Fix: URL action step should ignore “Open in Drafts” option if the URL generated is a non-http(s) URL.
- Fix: Opening current list options without making changes could result it “current list options” erroneously displayed in list filter.
- Fix: “Insert text” action step now plays nicer with other subsequent action steps.
- Fix: Address a case where sync could get stalled in odd timing situations where sync was requested more than once quickly.
- Fix: [[draft_open_url]] tag was not working.
- Change: Work on some general improvements to syntax highlighting to avoid a few glitches in rendering.
- Change: Several improvements to Markdown syntax, including highlighting of horizontal rules and indented code blocks.
- New: Add keyboard shortcut preview when managing action groups actions.
- Change: Some under-the-hood improvements to Action Directory sharing to support additional features on the web site.