Details below. For a complete history of updates, visit:
In addition to the many built-in icons available to assign to actions and workspaces, Drafts now supports assigning SF Symbols as icons. The symbol library is part of iOS and macOS, and adds thousands of new icon options - all of which are available to select (and searchable) when editing icons.
A couple of things worth noting about SF Symbol support:
- Symbols require iOS 16 or macOS 13 (Ventura) or greater.
- If some of the devices you use Drafts on are not updated to a compatible OS, and a symbol is selected on one of your actions or workspaces, the icon will fallback to displaying a default icon for that item.
- If you share an action or workspace to the Directory that has a symbol assigned, the directory will display a placeholder icon, as symbol license do not allow their use outside Apple’s platforms. The symbol will still be properly display if a user installs your action in their Drafts installation.
Mastodon is a popular, decentralized social network for posting status updates. This update adds support for posting to Mastodon accounts, as well as support for scripting access to the entire Mastodon API.
If you use Mastodon and would like get sample actions and learn more about how to configure Mastodon support, check out our Mastodon integration guide
Drafts templates have long supported formatting date values with
strftime style formatting. This update adds the option to use format strings compatible with Apple’s
DateFormatter class, which offers better, more flexible localization options. If you work in non-English languages, or create and share actions which might be used internationally. A few examples:
- Fix: FlickType keyboard integration working again in Watch app.
- Fix (Mac): Tint colors of icons not reflecting changes to dark/light mode properly.
Editorscript object now has
draftproperty to get/set active draft in the editor.
- Fix: A few visual issues in widget configuration.
Prompt.addButtoncan now take an additional boolean parameter to mark the button as destructive.
- Fix: “Open Draft” shortcut action not properly supporing options to hide/show lists.