Draft for Windows/Webb

I love Draft, I use it daily to record and automate my list making. I have a single problem, I only sit with Windows computers at work and it’s so pesky to access my notes. I need to get my ipad and email me the note I’m looking for and continue on my computer. This is tiring.

With this thread, I want to lobby for a web version or a windows app. I would only be able to access and have the ability to edit my notes on the web. I do not need to automate, I only need access to them.

If anyone else are in the same situation write below and if we are lucky we might get what we want.

*If it doesn’t go under general just move the thread to the right area

7 Likes

See this existing thread on the same topic.

However, I’m still not sure if there is a way to access the iCloud hosted file storage structures that Drafts is using, via non-Apple devices. Every third party cross platform (incl. Web) solution I’ve seen so far uses something other than iCloud as the back end data storage.

I don’t speak for Greg, but I am roughly 99.9999999999% certain that there will be no Windows version of Drafts forthcoming, and I would be shocked if there was a web app coming.

I feel your pain; don’t get me wrong. Being on Windows is like being on an island with no access to info I need. But if you need access to your notes on Windows, it’s probably better to use a cross-platform app even though it won’t be as good as Drafts on the iOS / macOS side.

Sadly I think your right. I would be really happy with a web app. That would solve most of my problems, I don’t need the automation stuff just access to my notes. :grinning:

Yes, a windows version would be amazing!

Are you using web capture yet? This is an initial step towards one of the previous options discussed.

1 Like

This is the most awesome feature I have seen! Gets things into Drafts, but does not expose my overall Drafts library on my work computer. Thanks for pointing this out to me!

Integrate with Obsedian this way you can view all your captures on all devices.