Drafts Desktop App / Web App

We all know how that Drafts is God’s gift to iOS users.

A glaring hole in the canon of the Drafts religion of extensibility is the lack of unified access to drafts via a desktop app / web app.

For example, most major note-taking and productivity apps, like Evernote and OneNote, are cross-platform. As a matter of course, a user can access his or her notes on any device or via web platform.

I happen to be a Windows devotee, dare I say. I am not naive enough to ever hope for a Windows version of Drafts, so I pose this question on behalf of of Mac users.

Are there plans to develop a Drafts desktop app or web app?

I am sure this has been posed before, and likely considered.

What is the current answer to this question?

Mac version planned?

Point 5 under About Drafts 5 states:

We hope to bring Drafts to the Mac. A lot of work has been done in the Drafts 5 development cycle to prepare the app to move to the Mac, but we do not have anything to announce at this time.

I’m excited about it, too - but I’ll have to be patient.

Still, it’s been acknowledged and has a better chance of happening than ever before :grinning:

Thanks for the reply!!

Such a prompt response from a truly vibrant community that loves this app!

Ahh, democracy!

This would really be worth a couple more dollars per month on the sub version in my opinion!

I totally agree. An extra couple of dollars would get my vote.

A lot of us are iOS devotees, but have to use Windows at work. Even if it was just a question of accessing and simple editing of my Drafts it would be a big help.

Note that the above is a reference to a Mac version. Not a Windows version or even a web version. If you use Windows at work (like me), your iOS devices will almost certainly continue to be the way to access your drafts for the short term.

I appreciate that was referring to a Mac version. However unlikely it is to happen, I was mainly mentioning simple editing in reference to a web version.

I’d love macOS version! To be honest, that’d be a total life-changer. Please, keep going!

Hi all - I discovered drafts via Do By Friday - looks incredibly useful and I will be playing with it for the next month to see if it has a role in my work. I’m another windows user and would love an integration into OneNote at minimum or (date I ask) a windows version of the app. Even web UI would at least allow me to pull it into more of my life.

Great app and nice to find this productivity community!

yes please! I too want a Mac app!

Agreed! Glad to hear that its on the radar. With a Mac app, Drafts becomes the unstoppable capture force keeping my life together at all times. Its the single best thing thats happened to my productivity, ever. A Mac app is a supercharger.

I was a Mac devotee for several years (got one in 2010 to have better sync with my shiny new iPhone, the halo effect I believe they called it in the early iPod days), but I sold my last one in 2016 to a friend and now I’m exclusively Windows for work and gaming and iOS for writing. I would definitely appreciate a web-based version of Drafts for quick new drafts and edits when I’m at my PC rather than pulling out my iPad. Then we’d have true cross-platform capability. Developing a for a single OS seems foolish from a business perspective, no?

macOS ⇄ iOS cross-platform should have a good market, I think.

For personal and work-place notes, not least for EU Data Protection compliance, the problem with any web-based solution is, of course, that it is becoming painfully clear that there are, in reality, no secure ‘cloud’ services.

For those that need it, mac ⇄ iOS syncing or file transfer can at least be done locally, without passing through other people’s servers, and across international borders.

Yes 1 up for Mac app ASAP, thank you.

One more upvote for one of the greatest iOS apps ever made :grinning:

Just to add this, i would like to see a Windows version :grin:

I love Drafts. I prefer this app over any other text editor except for my long form writing, I use Scrivener for that. I’m a pro member and would completely support the use of pro subscription for macOS app to sync, like Bear and other competitors’ apps. We just need this as a macOS app.

My understanding is it’s in the works. And I will eagerly use it when available.