An Alfred Workflow for Drafts

I know its only been a week since the last update, but I had an update waiting for the release of Alfred 4.5, which happened this week.

In Doctor Drafts 1.4.0, it now includes definitions for the new Universal Actions feature in Alfred. Depending on your Alfred settings for Universal Actions, you may just find that you get a lot of Doctor Drafts actions showing up as Universal Actions anyway. That’s fine, but some are not exactly compatible with the idea of universal actions, which is why many people switch the settings to provide more fine grained control. If you do that, this latest update has you covered and will provide you with what is hopefully a good fit of Drafts-related universal actions.

Since Doctor Drafts already includes lots of powerful file specific actions, these universal actions focus on working with selected text.

In addition, I have added a set of Drafts-related Alfred fallback searches that you can enable. These provide keyword-less trigger options for searching for terms, and include options to search for drafts by title and content.

Finally, I’ve added a new option to allow you to quickly search the Drafts forum. The existing forum search allows you to jump in at various points. This new flow will let you pre-populate and run a search in your browser. This is also tied in to one of the available fallback searches.

Of course, there’s new documentation for all of the features and updates to the documentation for the many things that have changed as a result of this release’s additions. I had a quick count and there are now over 100 pages of documentation for the workflow on the site, and all searchable.

Download the latest version of Doctor Drafts from the usual spot, and as always, do let me know if you come across any issues.

1 Like