Workspace-specific syntax

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but it would be cool if workspaces could also have an option to open in a specific syntax style. For example, I have an omnifocus workspace that holds all my project templates. It’d be great if it could open new drafts in the workspace in Taskpaper format.

In my action group I actually have an action just for this which opens a new draft in TaskPaper format. I don’t think it’s possible to set a syntax for each workspace though.

1 Like

From a purely action based perspectve…

It would be useful if Workspace.name was populated or an attribute was added to app for the current workspace name (current Action Group name might be a useful addition too). That could then be used against a list of workspace/default format options (I was thinking just a set of JSON key value pairs) to enable a single action to create a draft in the desired format in any Workspace.

If you always use actions to switch workspaces and action groups (as I know many do), then you could use that to set and track the current workspace and apply that as a workaround.

1 Like

In general the Workspace javascript support needs enhancing.

If there are things you would like to see (and haven’t suggested via the Slack channel), I’d recommend posting a feature request post like this one. Greg has picked up a number of them in the past.

1 Like

OK. I’ve prised the issue open a little on Slack.