Way to remove Drafts from Mac OS dock while running?

Anybody know of a way to remove the Draft icon from the dock while the app is running? I’ve noticed some apps have an option for this. Looking for a way to do this so I can run at login but not have it populate the dock with the icon.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dave

2 Likes

There are several suggestions for hiding apps on the dock in this Stack Exchange thread. Hopefully one of the options will work for you.

1 Like

Did you also mention this as a feature request to support?

1 Like

It was previously mentioned as a feature request in a thread about the Mac app.

2 Likes

Ahhh, thanks for catching this @sylumer – I did a search before posting but somehow this other thread didn’t come up.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Just tested GhostTile and it said Drafts is not supported yet.

I would really like this feature, too!

So maybe if enough people are interested (express there interest in this) Greg will add this feature (please!)

Thanks!

+1 Please. My dock is jacked up already. Do not need more icons there. I do however love the menu bar icon. It is great an I can control it via Bartender.

Hi - just wondering whether an option to hide Drafts from the Dock and the App Switcher can become an option as the Mac version matures?

Seconded. I would like to hide Drafts’ dock icon and capture from the menu bar item only.

I need this too. You can probably make this a paid feature.

Thanks

Just wondering whether there’s an update on this - any ways to have the Mac app just in the menu bar, not Dock or App Switcher?

@agiletortoise any chance this feature is on the roadmap for Mac?

Not on the road map at the moment. To hide a running app from the Dock, it cannot have a menu in the Main Menu. That is not really an option for Drafts to be a functional app, as a lot of functionality is exposed through the menu.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. Perhaps a tiny companion menu capture app someday? Thanks for the reply.