Using Apple Notes with Drafts

Well folks!

I thought I would take the opportunity to formalize a very small victory regarding this integration…

In the upcoming versions of iOS/iPadOS/macOS, Apple Notes’ Siri Shortcuts actions will be supporting Rich Text. As of Developer Beta 4, now, I found myself formally setting up this configuration, so I thought I’d share it.

Draft to Apple Note Shortcut

The reason there’s so much tomfoolery going on with the shortcut and its Replace Text actions: the native Make Rich Text from Markdown action seems to be struggling with non-UTF-8 (?) characters. If you’d like surer footing on that explanation, I’d be more than happy to indulge, but I suspect its just a temporary oversight through the betas.

Speaking of which, especially since my user account has a checkmark on the Directory now (! <3,) I assume I should leave this action in unlisted status until these Siri Shortcuts changes come in the first public OS builds?

2 Likes

I have a quick question about links to drafts in the apple notes app. On the Mac, there is a button (circled in the top right) that allows me to add a link to a draft. I’ve included an example in the body of the note. Unfortunately, on iOS there does not seem to be an option that allows me to do this. I can still add a link to the draft, but it just appears as hyperlink text rather than the larger icon that results from using the mac’s “add link” button.

Is there any way to create the same type of link from an iPhone?