Twitter: multiple accounts, multiple actions, big problem

Hi, new member and new Drafts user. Just had my ‘lightbulb moment’ 48 hours ago so be kind. :grinning:

I’m trying to set up Drafts to handle multiple Twitter accounts. So far I have been able to successfully set up two by duplicating the Tweet Action and adding a different account name to the Credential Identifier.

However, when I tried to set up a third Action, using the above procedure, I got as far as attempting to send a tweet when I hit a problem. When the Auhorization Needed screen came up it directed me to my second, already set up, account instead of allowing me to authorise a new account.

Can any patient, experienced Drafts user explain to me where I am going wrong? Am I limited to two Twitter accounts only? It would be a shame if this were so as this would severely limit one of my planned uses of Drafts.

Thanks for your time and attention.

You can have as many as you want. I think the problem you are running into is that OAuth authentication redirects you to the Twitter website in Safari and Safari is remembering your login from the other account.

To link another account, you’ll need to sign out of the first one in Safari. I believe you can do this from the authentication page - there’s some “sign out” or “use different account” type link. If that’s not clear, you can go to http://twitter.com in Safari first, log out, then go back to Drafts and trigger the authentication process again.

Hope this makes sense.

3 Likes

It does. I’ll try it. Thanks for the quick reply.

It worked! Thank you again.

1 Like