Trashed items come back into inbox

A few times a week a bunch of drafts that I had previously trashed reappear in my inbox. I think It’s always drafts that are fairly recent; say, 10 days or newer. They will typically have inaccurate modified dates. It’s mostly drafts that I wrote once and never modified, but they’ll all say they were modified today. Any ideas?

1. How many devices do you use Drafts on?
  2. If more than one, is there any pattern of use that matches the creation or resurrection of these trashed drafts?
  3. When did you last restart each device?

This is a known issue in release version 21.1. It is fixed in the current beta cycle (v21.5.15 or greater) and the fix will be included in the new App Store release.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with Drafts 26.2.4. Running Drafts on my Mac, iPad and iPhone. I didn’t do any special settings, just installed the app and run it right out of the box. Sync activated through iCloud.

Any clue about how to get rid of some items and not get them back anymore?

Thanks a lot for helping,

Gabriel

Is there any pattern?

E.g. only drafts created on one device reappear.
E.g. all trashed drafts reappear on all devices after about an hour.
E.g. only drafts trashed on one device reappear.

Dear @sylumer, thank you for taking care of that.

It were two drafts created on my Apple Watch that kept coming back. I trashed them on the Mac or on the iPad and they kept coming.

But now, they haven’t appeared anymore… I’m don’t really know why, but my problem seems to be solved.

Thanks again and sorry for the noise,

Gabriel