TIP: Using Live Activities in Drafts

iOS 16.1 introduced “Live Activities” - a new way to have information handy on your Lock Screen and the Dynamic Island on your iPhone.

Drafts’ Live Activity support gives you a way to pin an active draft when you are working on a longer project, have an active scratchpad for research, a list you are checking things off on while shopping. It’s a handy way to return to Drafts with a specific draft selected from your Lock Screen, or other apps.

This video walks you through creating and using Live Activities.

A few details:

• A Live Activity is automatically created when you enter pinned mode.
  • You can also tap and hold on the pin button for options, and manually create Live Activities for one or more drafts.
5 Likes

On iOS 6.2 public beta and App Store Drafts pinning doesn’t seem to start a live activity. Start Live Activity does. Could there be latency involved in the former case?

And can I pin the latest draft? Perhaps with automation?

Thanks! Useful feature and very easy to turn on!

1 Like

The live activity feature is fantastic, thanks! Down the road, can you possibly allow a user to immediately pin a newly created draft when using the share menu?

I would think the way to handle that would be to use the “Open” button in the Share/Capture window to open the draft you are capturing in Drafts, where you can easily pin it, if desired.

Easy enough to do that. Thanks.

After I pinned one draft, I moved to the next. The pin icon, for the second draft, is still marked as pinned although that second draft does not appear in Live Activities. I feel that the second draft should not have shown a solid pin icon. Is this what you are all seeing (iOS)

Is it possible that you add a live activity feature to the scripting object of a draft?

I‘d like to run an action which opens or creates a draft and immediately starts a live activity for that draft :slight_smile:

1 Like