TIP: Merging Multiple Drafts into One

Every capture a number of separate, similar drafts you want to combine into one? No need to copy and paste, the “Merge” operation can do the job for you.

To use merge:

• Go to the draft list
  • Tap “Select” to enter select mode.
  • Tap the drafts you would like to merge, in the order you would like to merge them.
  • Tap “Operations”, and select the “Merge” operation.

On Mac, the process is similar:

• Select multiple drafts by holding down the command key and clicking on each.
  • Secondary-click (right-click) on the draft list and select “Merge”.
5 Likes

Love this! Didn’t know about this feature. Thanks for keeping the tips coming!

1 Like

Is there a way to add create time stamp of each drafts when they merged? I’d think it will be useful to know when each drafts was created.

Is that not effectively the same as this recent request?

I suspect at the least, you might well be able to revise the action created by @FlohGro, shared in that thread, to do the sort of thing that you want.

1 Like

I wish it could be done without having to use a workspace for the selection, is there any other way of passing the selection?
I guess my requirement is slightly different, I would like to retain some of the metadata (in plain text) on merge (creation timestamp and location).

Sorry to dampen the mood around this action! We’ve exchanged ideas before, but I’m back (yes, yes)…

Greg, why not replicate what is clearly more visual on iOS, the ability to select (and allow… deselect if you make a mistake, which happens - sometimes/often - when you’re distracted and make the wrong selection!) on macOS.

I confess to frequently using this superb option in Drafts to gather scattered data into a single sheet, but I get the command so wrong on macOS… that I prefer to use this grouping command on my iPhone or iPad…!

I especially like the clear visual reminder of what I have and haven’t selected before merging the sheets…

Anyway, humbly, I’d love to find the same simplicity on my MacBook without overwriting keys on the keyboard only to discover at the end that I didn’t press the right key at the end :slight_smile:

Think you have users a bit (…put here what you want :slight_smile: who need a more obvious interface, as obvious as under iOS (a treat for me daily).

Happy holidays to all and especially to the agile turtle…!

Désolé de plomber l’ambiance autour de cette action ! Nous avions déjà échangé naguère mais je reviens (si, si) à la charge…

Greg, pourquoi ne pas reproduire ce qui est nettement plus visuel sous iOS, la possibilité de sélectionner (et de permettre de… déselectionner en cas d’erreur, ce qui arrive — parfois/souvent — quand on est distrait et que l’on se trompe dans sa sélection !) sous MacOS.

J’avoue employer fréquemment cette option superbe de Drafts pour rassembler en une seule feuille des données éparses mais, tellement je me trompe de commande sous macOS… que je préfère utiliser cette commande de regroupement sur mon iPhone ou mon iPad…!

J’aime surtout le rappel visuel clair de ce que j’ai sélectionné ou pas avant de fusionner les feuillets…

Bref, humblement, j’aimerais bien retrouver sur mon MacBook la même simplicité sans écraser des touches sur le clavier pour découvrir à la fin que je n’ai pas enfoncé la bonne touche à la fin :slight_smile:

Pensez que vous avez utilisateurs un peu (…mettez ici ce que vous voulez :slight_smile: qui ont besoin d’une interface plus évidente, aussi évidente que sous iOS (un régal pour moi quotidiennement).

Bonnes fêtes à tous et particulièrement à la tortue agile…!