TIP: Limit Tags Available in Tag Filter Selection

If you use many tags, or often assign more than one tag to drafts, selecting tags when filtering the draft list can get unruly as your tag list grows.

If you use many tags, and often assign multiple tags to drafts, using the “Only Tags in the Current Filter” option can make this process a lot simpler. When selected, the tags available to select in the tag filters will be limited to only those tags assigned to one or more draft in the current filter.

As an example, say you have many drafts tagged with the tag “color”. Then each of these also is tagged with one or more specific color, like “red”, “blue”, “green”. Once you have added “color” to the tag filter, you may only want to see the other related color tags to further filter the list.

To enable this option, select it from the ... options in the tag filter view.

8 Likes

This is super useful!

It is this feature that I miss from v40. It is this feature that made Drafts the ultimate text and knowledge base tool for me.

In my opinion, Drafts had an absolutely unique selling point with this function.

It sounds paradoxical, but with this function I had the absolute overview of all my texts in Drafts, without having to worry about the overview in advance.

With the omission of the function, unnecessary thought work for the filing system of my content is now lost again.

This is my first experience with the removal of the function. I still hope that I simply overlook the function.

As with everything new and elimination of familiar, my brain cries reflexively first HELP and panics :slight_smile:

You can hear my first brain screaming. “Help! My second brain has lost a function!”