Templates in Drafts

I currently use Workflow to create classroom documentation when necessary. The workflow offers a prompt to enter the student’s name, then provides me with a drop-down choice of class, drop-down choice of offenses, a drop-down choice of actions, and finally another prompt to enter additional notes. The results output a formatted note to Evernote.

I’d prefer to use Drafts to do this instead, and save the output to a file in Google Drive.

I can create the prompt to enter text, but then the text goes nowhere, so I’m missing something.

Is all of this possible in Drafts? Prompt to send text, dropdowns, etc. I’ve looked for a similar action to sort of model after, but so far I haven’t found anything.

You should be able to accomplish something quite similar.

Create a draft, prompt for all the information at once (or individual prompts) then write out the static bits mixed with what you garnered to the draft (and don’t forget to call update()).

Off the top of my head, I don’t have any actions that would be directly applicable, but the documentation may be good enough:

Let me know if I can help more.

Hi, I do something similar with TextExpander. I would be interested as how to accomplish the same in Drafts 5.
JA in KY USA

1 Like

I’ve been working on an action that does text replacement and recently added a feature that prompts you to select from multiple choices. Here’s an example for selecting a state.

You can add a shortcut for student names and offenses.

I’d be interested in your feedback.

Action Directory link: shortcuts | Drafts Directory

Drafts Forum: https://forums.getdrafts.com/t/simple-shortcut-replacement

I’m wanting to do something similar with a meeting template. I have a scripted template as an action, but want to add a prompt for Meeting Title/Company and also a time/date stamp.

My Javascript expertise is almost non-existent, so before I pursue this, do people think it’s something that can easily be done?

Yes. Start by taking a look at the example on the prompt documentation page. See how far you get, and if you get stuck, post a new question with the details and I’m sure you’ll get any help you need.

1 Like