Sync not working between iPad/iPhone and Mac

Hi all, suddenly today, any changes I make in Drafts on my Mac have stopped syncing to my iPad and iPhone, and vice versa. My iPad and iPhone do sync between themselves, so it looks like there’s an issue with my Mac, even though I’m signed in to iCloud Drive and Drafts syncing is enabled under iCloud Drive Options. I’ve just rebooted my Mac and iPad but it made no difference.

I’ve enabled sync logging for a couple of minutes on my Mac and my iPad. Do I need to open a support ticket before submitting those and, if so, how do I do that? Thanks, fort

Support is linked to from the app/docs home page.

https://agiletortoise.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you went through all the troubleshooting, create the request via the above and include your logs.

1 Like

Thanks, @sylumer! :+1:

I’ve done everything on that page to fix syncing. It still isn’t working.

So now I’m worried that I’ll have data loss since I put text in on all devices and I don’t know when this started. Also if it does start syncing again, will it overwrite one unsync’d copy with another, losing the info from the first? How can I avoid this? Making copies of all the drafts in each platform seems cumbersome, but if I have to I have to.

thx

Did you not get a response from support when you sent the logs in? The final section is gathering the logs and sending to support.

Depending on the nature of the issue, data loss could be an outside possibility, but do check your versions and your backups.

Also, you are replying to someone else’s sync issue post. Do you have some reason to believe that you have the same sync issue as them?

I have sent in the logs but it hasn’t been enough time for them to get to it yet. I was hoping there may be a quick fix or warning to get all the data somewhere safe before it resyncs.

It might be the same issue, but might not be. I (maybe erroneously) thought I would consolidate these similar posts so a future user with the same issue could look in one place. Should I have posted separately?

I think you need to give Greg a chance to review your specific logs to see what is going on. Without the detail of what the issue is it is pure guesswork on the best approach.

There are no warnings, but the sync does accommodate draft versioning and adopts a last update wins approach.

Best to have separate posts if not exactly the same. There are more than a few posts over the years about sync issues - this is not the only one, so consolidation of two into one in fact just resurrects old posts and can lead to divergence.

That’s why the guidelines encourage searching first and making new topics. Where useful, linking back to related topics is generally the way to go rather than resurrecting posts that only may be or are only indirectly related.

1 Like