Swipe my Alfred Workflow for Drafts for Mac

This is incredible. Thank you so much

1 Like

Is there any way to trigger “Append to Set Draft” (da) directly with a hot key?
(rather than having to specifically launch Alfred > da)

Thanks

You should be able to add it in as an option at the start for that workflow operation.

2 Likes

Found it. Thank you!
It was Right Click on canvas > Triggers > Hotkey

If I want to add the date/time in long format to each bit of text how do I do it? I tried the {datetime:long} function but that just places the actual text. Even tried creating a variable and referencing that but also no joy!

thanks

What do you mean “each bit of text”? What part of the Alfred workflow are you referring to?

Apologies for the lack of clarity - I’m looking at editing the ‘append your list with …’ flow specifically and using it as a daily journal where it sends the alfred text to drafts but prepends it with the date/time in long format

So: entering ‘today was …’ gets recorded as :

‘dd-mm-yyyy h:mm today was’ in drafts with the date/time at time of execution

Hope that clarifies?

thanks

Okay that clarifies things - thanks.

Alfred can modify the query in flow to to insert a date/time element as well as your additional wording. We can do this with an args and vars block and modify the query to be this:

{date:dd-MM-yyyy H:mm} today was {query}

Then modify the URL to use {query} rather than the drafts variable.

I don’t actually see a purpose for the draft variable in this workflow path. It was simply capturing and then passing along {query} :man_shrugging:t2:

Here’s a separate workflow that has these changes and I think accomplishes what you are asking for. Just make sure you change the UUID in the open URL step from the one I used for testing.

2021-01-01-10.51.38

I hope that meets your needs, or at least gives you a starting point.

2 Likes

thank you so much !! That worked perfectly - I made minor tweak to the output but that was easy enough to do because of how you’d created it! Thank you

In case it is of use to people who may be using the workflow covered in this thread, I created a workflow that covers these sorts of cases and quite a few more. It is under active development and you can join the discussion on this thread.

1 Like

This is amazing, thank you. Being greedy though. Is there any way to suppress the Drafts window from appearing after adding the new draft? I don’t want to see Drafts as the foremost window after creating the draft. I’d rather go back later and process all my drafts in a single session

I’m assuming you are referring to the original workflow, which I believe is based on only on URL calls, so it has to open Drafts.

If you happen to be referring to the workflow I mentioned in the previous post on the thread, then it does and the details are on this page.

You can download the latest version of the workflow (v1.10.1) from the site’s home page.

1 Like

Brilliant, this works a treat

Implement location tracking and mapping features: https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-create-an-app-like-clubhouse
Once you’ve chosen the right stack, you need to implement location tracking and mapping features. This can be done using various APIs, such as Google Maps or Apple Maps.

I enjoy “drfind” the most. I used that a lot. I’d like to ask though, when I type drfind into Alfred, without the search string yet, it always showed me these 10 drafts:

While I recognise these drafts, I don’t use them at all. These are also not my first 10 drafts ever. So, I am trying to figure out how can drfind show my last 10 recent searches instead. Any ideas?

Without any content to filter on it is returning all your drafts. If you scroll down, you will find it is more than 10.

The ordering is determined by the database. It has been in my list for quite some time to provide some options around ordering of results, but this is only the second time it has come up since I launched the workflow a few two years ago. At some point, I will add those options. I just need to do it in a good way to accommodate all potential commands that could make use of it, but some of the user config management features in Alfred 5 should make that a little easier to do.

In terms of a history of the last 10 searches being displayed, that would need to entirely override the return behaviour - which is to return matching drafts. It would certainly be non-standard for Alfred (which does include it’s own command history that you might consider Instead).

There may well be something I could do like add in a command history across the workflow and assign that to another keyword trigger. I would definitely want to make it something that a user has to enable as it would need to store prior commands and for me that is storing potentially sensitive information, which I have a preference to avoid where it isn’t essential. But, I will add it to my list of potential features to take a look at in the future.

For future discussion of Doctor Drafts functionality, I would recommend posting them on the Doctor Drafts workflow topic (link below) as this topic is about the Drafts for Mac workflow.

Would you like me to copy & paste my post above to the Doctor Drafts topic for continuity?

It does sound like there will be a lot of work for you, so I’d understand if there was no request for this. I am fine with that default 10 results - luckily it wasn’t anything sensitive, lol. Will be awkward if it were.

That is not necessary, I am just recommending that topic as a better place to post such requests for that workflow. This topic should be focused on Chris’ workflow - I am sure there are still many people getting great use from it.

I have added an entry to the roadmap list to at least consider (an optional) history feature.

Ordering of results has been on there for some time, and at some point I will get around to unpicking queries and figuring out the options I need to create/allow. I **really** do not want to arbitrarily open it up to allow unfiltered query commands and make it easy for users to detroy their Drafts database :scream:

There is certainly a veritable Pandora’s box of fun that I need to be careful not to open with these.

1 Like