Split one Drafts Note into multiple Notes

I’m trying to move multiple notes from Ulysses to Drafts. I have notes grouped into Groups at Ulysses. If I choose Quick Export > Text > Markdown > Drafts, it works perfectly. But it lumps all notes into one big file in Drafts.

How do I split this file into multiple notes in Drafts? If it helps, each note starts with the Headline1 tag (#).

You might find a quick Shortcut is the best way to handle a task like importing from another app.

Here’s a quick example that prompts you to select a group from Ulysses, and imports the text from each sheet in that group as a new draft in Drafts - assigning the tag “ulysses-import” for identification:

You can tweak it to your liking once installed. Note that I’m running on betas right now, so it’s possible this imported shortcut might have issues - let me know if so.

Here’s the content of the shortcut, it’s only a few steps:

1 Like

Perfect. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick response.

Very impressive. For which other apps are such shortcuts available, any idea?

Just depends on their support for querying information. Anything file-based would be easy. I know Bear has support for searching notes via Shortcuts. I haven’t looked around at too many others.

Assuming one is not importing, but just simply wants to split a long Draft into shorter drafts, is there a way to do that?

Ideally, I could just put my cursor somewhere, hit Split, and have Drafts make notes out of what’s before and after that cursor point.

It would probably be easier if one of the drafts replaces the original.

I use Drafts mostly for listening to content (via iOS/iPadOS screen reading), and Federal regulations can get really long, so breaking them up would be preferred.

Thank you,
Tim
17,062 days

See split action in the directory. Should do what you want.