Set a draft to always open in Link Mode

I have a draft I use to collect links to music I want to listen to. I populate it using an action so I never type in there.

It would be convenient to be able to set this draft to always be in Link Mode. Is that possible? And if not could this be a feature in the future?

Link Mode is a property of the (single, global) editor, not of a particular draft. There’s a property linkModeEnabled on the implicit editor object, which can be both read and set, but it would only affect the draft in question if that draft was loaded into the editor at the time.

As a workaround, when you want to use your draft of links, you could have an action which both loads it into the editor, and then ensures the editor is in Link Mode.

Or you could setup an action, in Drafts or a launcher app, that call the /open URL for the draft, with an action=Preview (where “preview” is replaced with the name of a valid Markdown preview action in your installation).

Then when you want to reference that draft, it opens directly to an HTML Preview with tappable links.