Send to mailmate?

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone on the mac is using drafts and mailmate? I cant seem to find any action that sends current draft to mailmate as a new mail. Any clue anyone?

thx

z

It is setup as your default mail client? The “Mail” action on Mac uses “mailto:” style URLs, so should open what your default email client is with a new message.

(I suspect it’s also possible to create an AppleScript based action, but I haven’t seen any examples)

thx yup that worked!!

best

Z

1 Like

Yes! I use Mailmate with Drafts often. Top line is subject, next line is your salutation and the rest is text. Works like a charm.

Bill

so no other way to send via mailmate than setting it as default email app.
I just want to use mailmate to send from drafts because it accepts markdown.
But I still want to keep using mail app for all other circumstances

Is there something about MailMate does with Markdown that the Mail Assistant does not accomplish?

accepting markdown language

Mailmate translates Markdown to HTML, then sends the e-mail.

Drafts can translate the Markdown to HTML and then send via Mail Assistant.

I’m a Mailmate user myself as I prefer composing in Markdown; but really the difference is what app handles the conversion to HTML. So the chances are for practical intents, it does not matter that Mailmate accepts Markdown and Mail Assistant does not. Your input is Markdown, the resulting output is an HTML e-mail.

However, if you truly **need** the content to go via Mailmate, then use a script action step to trigger a shell command that utilises Mailmate’s command line interface, eMate. That would do what you need.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

very good reflexion, I ll expériment these options
thanks