Request: please consider to fix:
The most annoying “feature” (or lack of) in Drafts’ iOS/iPad editor:
Selection is NOT possible without on-screen keyboard.
This makes selection and
copy/share/speak/look-up very difficult except on shorter paragraphs.
Also selection you have with keyboard open, get lost when you collapse it.
Would it be possible to implement the following behavior?
- Long pressing on screen or a word, to start selection or show menu, without keyboard popping up and hiding most of the screen,
- user should then be allowed to expand selection by dragging.
- “select all” should be on the selection menu even when text is already selected, see “Notebooks”! (
Select Allmenu can sometimes be very difficult to trigger, have to tap and hold on blank line.)
- with keyboard still collapsed, none-editing commands like
Copy, Share, Speak, Look-Up, and Select Allshould be on the selection menu.
- Also, you should not loose a selection when collapsing keyboard, so that you can continue to expand it on a full screen.
Some notable apps that does this right are:
- Apple Notes.
- Notebooks (by Alfons Schmid).
- Editorial and Pythonista.
- This forum’s editor in Safari
But I love Drafts and hope it’s possible to implement this here as well.
Thank you, and keep up the good work.