Select most recent draft in list

When I switch to a new workspace I would like to load up the most recent draft into the editor.

Any ideas as to how I could do this please?

Many Thanks

Flip it round a bit. Create an action to load the draft into the editor and switch the workspace.

Thanks @sylumer I meant load up the latest draft in that workspace (i.e. with the tags that are relevant to that workspace). Does that still apply?

Many thanks

A script to load a workspace, and its first draft would look something like:

// look up workspace
let ws = Workspace.find("MY-WORKSPACE");
// query its inbox drafts
let wsDrafts = ws.query("inbox"); 
// if more than one, load first draft in editor
if (wsDrafts.length > 0) {
    editor.load(wsDrafts[0]);
}
// apply the workspace
app.applyWorkspace(ws);
3 Likes

This is perfect thanks so much!

Typo in the comment above. It should be if one or more, or if more than zero, not if more than one.

@nickwild , this is exactly the sort of approach I was suggesting. You could also consider expanding it.

• Could you change the start to allow you to choose an existing workspace?
  • Could you add something at the load that prompts if you would like to do something else if no draft is available in the inbox? For example:
    • Create a new draft in the workspace inbox and load it in.
    • Start dictating a new draft into the inbox for the workspace and load it once dictation is complete.
    • Load a draft from the archive instead; if one is available.
    • Display a message that no draft was available to load.

Thanks @sylumer for this.

Quite agree. I actually incorporated this into an action that allows the user to select from a list of existing workspaces and it brings up the most recent draft and it works perfectly :slightly_smiling_face:

Great other ideas too!

Made an account just to say this is legendary — for a workflow trying to get to Inbox Zero without added mouse movement, especially. Thank you!