Request: Show Action in List

Viewing results of “Search Actions”, add option (via contextual menu or long press) to “show action in list” for a given action. This shows you the list scrolled so that the specified Action is centered and highlighted.

Use case: an action is buried somewhere in my Actions list, and I want to, say, move it up to the top of the list. So I search for it, find it…but I still don’t know where it is in the list. So I angrily retire the search results and go back to tediously scrolling/looking.

It’s the same problem as app searching in iOS. Spotlight will help you launch a found app, but won’t show you where it lives in the UI.

1 Like

To be fair, Spotlight does display the folder within which an app is stored. That’s not the same as pinpointing it in the UI, but it’s close.

As far as Drafts goes, a recent Drafts beta released with an update that makes it easier to locate actions in their lists from a search. Again, it’s not the highlighting you asked for, but you should still find it useful.

1 Like

A great extra thing that could piggyback on this:

When we add an action from Actions Directory, maybe we could be shown that action in its list position (so we can easily edit it, rename it, raise/lower it in the list, etc).

1 Like

Fair point. Installed actions are always added to the end of the list you select, but if you select a list that isn’t currently active, you currently have to select and scroll after installation. I wonder if it’s possible to at least make the selected list active upon installation?

Yeah, I realize they go to bottom. But, still, if Drafts ever learns to scroll to a certain list resident (and highlight) to allow a “show action in list” option (which lesser apps provide…though I won’t love Drafts less if it doesn’t), then I’d imagine the same function could auto-scroll (and highlight) for greater convenience post-install.

Drafts appeals to the efficiency-minded, so any additional efficiency in the app’s internal workings would surely be appreciated…