Prepend to List

My goal is, on the Mac, to take a text input generated via Keyboard Maestro and add it as the first item at the top of a list in an existing Draft. I need to do this without changing the name of the Draft.

How can I add an item to the TOP of a list – in other words, prepend it?

I cannot find a Shortcut or Action to do this. Can I use a script that runs in Keyboard Maestro?

Ideally, I would also like to do this in iOS.

It’s easy to append text to the bottom of a list, but the Prepend Shortcut simply places the item at the top of my Draft, thereby changing the Draft’s name instead of adding an item to the top of the list.

The entire Draft is a title, followed by a list in the format:

• List item 1
  • List item 2

The Draft’s syntax is set to Taskpaper.

Help much appreciated. I feel like I’m missing something simple.

I would suggest building the content in the Shortcut. Something like this:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/9656c28b1c1b4a08970ffbef30620ff8

However, when I run this I’m getting a notification about missing parameters even though I have set all parameters (and tried adding a tag just to check), and I can see by adding in a quick look that the rebuilt content (and therefore draft selection) is correct.

Maybe give it a try and see if you have any more luck with it.

I should point out I’m testing this on iOS16 with the Drafts Beta - hence it may just be a beta/OS thing and not affect you.

I think what it’s missing is the text to replace. What are you replacing?

Look at the screenshot above and notice the updat type is set as replace. It is set to replace the entire content of the selected draft.

There has been a bit of discussion in the Slack group used for discussing the beta today about something that seems to match exactly this behaviour. Turns out I’m not the only one who has observed this (change in) behaviour.