POLL: What services would you like to see added to Drafts?

I can not agree mor to both of you.

Stuck on Windows by day I would be really eager to see a Text Capturing and Processing application like Drafts on Windows. I also agree with @sylumer that Greg though he has superpowers Windows might be his Kryptonite.

What he could do though is start to think about an action specification that is open like the x-callback-url. In fact it would not to be him or him alone to do that.

Some of the work might be simply to start a specification for storing actions and action steps.

For my part I use Visual Studio Code heavily as capturing tool and am migrating to JavaScript and PowerShell to do my automation.

My greatest fear of starting to develop something like this on Windows/Web would be that it might be a competing product to Gregs Drafts on macOS and iPadOS very quickly. That might be his best reason to do it himself.

A service I came across today that I would love to have integrated into Drafts is Soulver. There is a Mac app, and there used to be an iOS app but I think it has been discontinued. I saw today that SoulverCore is available as an open source Swift project, although I’m not sure how the licensing would work.

I’d love to build a script action that could run the Soulver engine on each line of a draft, for example.

1 Like

More icons

Love the app!

1 Like

Toolbox Pro has a Shortcuts extension for Soulver. The developer for Soulver tweeted that he was working on Soulver 3 for IOS. Soulver 2 still works fine on my iPad. I wonder why it was removed from the IOS AppStore.

1 Like

I have looked at SoulverCore before. It is not open source. It’s a proprietary, licensed binary distribution. I tend to steer clear of creating that type of dependency in the app, especially for a somewhat niche need that can be addressed through integration.

(It is super cool, though. I am a big Soulver fan)

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. As @Robert_Kawaratani mentioned, it should be possible to build an action using Toolbox Pro in Shortcuts so I might try that at some point.