Placement of “active typing” in the middle/upper half of the screen

Forgive me if this is already a feature and I haven’t discovered how to turn it on, but when I’m working on my iPad with the keyboard attached, when I’ve filled a screen with type, I find myself typing at the bottom of the screen.

While this makes the best use of space for reviewing previous text I don’t like it. I would prefer to type half way up. It would feel a more natural place to rest my eyes.

I don’t know what to call this so please forgive also my clunky title.

Often called typewriter mode, or just “leave room below”. 66% down is usually a good setting, if @agiletortoise did want to implement it.

We can alter margins so this feels like an obvious next step.

I would welcome a typewriter mode as well.

I’m all about Typewriter Mode. Or a feature in a text editor like Sublime Text or OmniOutliner, which allows us to flick the text above the center of the screen. I’m cool even if I had to do it manually.

Another upvote for this feature.

With the release of iOS 12 and Drafts 5.4, I am more interested than ever in making Drafts central to my workflow (and therefore a subscriber in perpetuity). Thanks for this goes, in no small part, to @nahumck’s concept of modules, which I am now desperately trying to understand and implement :wink:

However, iA Writer’s implementation of appearance controls for focus (typewriter mode and sentence selection) are the only things that keep me defaulting to it.

I would welcome a typewriter mode as well.