National characters in Groceries action

Hello.

Total newbie at Drafts, but I am really, really impressed!

I downloaded and installed the “Groceries” action from the Drafts Directory to be able to add items to my grocery list in the Grocery app, but when entering items with Swedish characters, like “å”, “ä” and “ö” they are changed to Unicode (?) and looks like this:

“Fläsk” (pork in Swedish) becomes “Fl%C3%A4sk”
“Kött” (meat in Swedish) becomes “K%C3%B6tt”
“Tvål” (soap in Swedish) becomes “Tv%C3%A5l”

I would really appreciate some tips in how to fix this. I looked through previous posts, but didn’t find anything that fixes the problem.

Looking forward to learn more about Drafts and will likely go for the Pro version soon!

Thank You!

/Joakim

Is this the action?

It is the only one I saw named “Groceries”, but it is for the Apple Reminders, not an app called Grocery.

Hello.

Thank you for your reply!

The one I downloaded is this: Groceries | Drafts Directory.

It says that it is for the Grocery app, but that may be wrong? :flushed:

/Joakim

This looks like a problem on Grocery’s end not un-encoding URL parameters properly. I happen to know the developer of Grocery and will reach out to him with some examples of the problem.

In the meantime, it appears Grocery has good Shortcuts support, so something could be put together using Shortcuts instead.

Hello!

Thank you for your reply!

OK! That sounds really fantastic! Thank you very much!

I am rather new at Shortcuts as well, but I’ll sure check for some tips on this! But in my fresh Drafts experience, I feel like doing everything from there… :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,

/Joakim

Apparently I can’t read this evening :roll_eyes:

There was second action, also called “Groceries”, further down the search results.

1 Like

Hello! Just wanted to hear if you maybe have some news on this?

Reach out to Grocery support. I made them aware of the issue, and they said they would fix, but I can’t speak for them on timeframes. Nothing can be done on Drafts’ end.

Thanks for your reply! I totally understand! Worth mentioning is that I made some kind of workaround with your “List in Reminders”-action since I went for the Pro-version. This pretty much does the same thing when changing the list to the one configured in the Grocery app (which relies on Reminders). I was just curious to hear if you got any response from them. Thank you for a fantastic app by the way!

Hey Ya’ll,

I’m the developer for Grocery and just wanted to share that I fixed this issue in the upcoming release (3.0) that is currently in beta testing on TestFlight. Thanks for reporting it!

• Conrad
1 Like

Hello.

Lovely to hear! Is it possible to get an invite to beta testing?

Yep! This should let you join the beta on TestFlight: Join the Grocery - Smart Shopping List beta - TestFlight - Apple

Thanks,

• Conrad

Excellent! I’m in! Thank you!

/Joakim

And… It works like a charm! :+1:t2::grin:

/Joakim