Merge with line breaks

When merging (via selecting multiple drafts, then choosing “merge” from “operations”), I often want the content of the notes simply separated by multiple line breaks. I haven’t been able to figure out how to achieve that–what to put in the “separator” field. I’ve tried pressing “return” a few times in that field, but that doesn’t work. Also tried “\n” but that also didn’t work. Any way to achieve this with current feature set? I guess I could make an action for it if necessary.

The current functionality adds a single line feed if you have no separator, or it adds a line feed before and after the separator if you specify one.

Probably would benefit from allowing more options there, I will put that on the list.

In the meantime, you can get pretty close to that if you just put a single space in the separator. Yes, you will get that space character in there, but it will result it the additional line feed as well. Or you can use a unique separator, and then have a clean-up action that replaces those separators after the fact.

1 Like