Markdown Table action

I posted a Markdown Table action. It’s a simple action to build and insert an empty MultiMarkdown table, ready to be filled in. Prompts for cols/rows:

Then inserts the table on the next line of the current draft, like:

|  |  |  |
|:--|:--|:--|
|  |  |  |
|  |  |  |

This is a new action I’m including in the default Markdown action group that gets setup in new installs. Thought I few might find it useful here. There’s certainly room to improve it to add configuration of alignment, etc., but it’s still handy as-is.

5 Likes

I know markdown tables can be a bit of a pain. The filling-in can be arduous. One of the easiest ways I have found to make is by creating your table in Google Sheets. Then, with the Google Sheets add on (link below) you can convert it to Markdown and save as an .md file on your Gdrive.

Then, in Drafts, it’s easy to import this file from the ‘+’ menu, and then insert the newly created draft wherever you need the table. Of course, this only works in Google Sheets on a ‘proper’ browser, not on iOS. Nevertheless, it’s free and works well.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/markdowntablemaker/cofkbgfmijanlcdooemafafokhhaeold?hl=en