LanguageTool - Integration into Draft for Mac Desktop

I am dyslexic and a simple integration of the “LanguageTool” (https://languagetool.org/) would be ingenious. The software is available as Java desktop version and probably it is not difficult to integrate it. Is that already possible? Does anyone have an idea?

3 Likes

I looked quickly (and not in enough details) and there is a LSP integration for LanguageTool.

The trick I see is that it relies on a slightly complex UI to present several suggestions to the end user (see the API for the results objects. I don’t think it’s possible to build that kind of UI using Drafts, but I might be wrong. The “competitor” Ulysses provides that kind of feature and UI nicely integrated.

I’d love to see this feature as well. My use case would be using Drafts for longer form writings meant to be sent elsewhere (e.g. Mail, DEVONthink, etc.).

While Ulysses has LanguageTool integration, it’s very much geared towards even longer form writings such as books. For writings mails and longer notes, Drafts is still more suitable. I personally would not find it unreasonable to charge for the integration feature and would pay for access.

1 Like

Yes, this would really be a great addition.

Hi, I would like to give this request a +1 and a like :wink:
LanguageTool is my everyday helper, and I would love to see this working with drafts.

Meanwhile, it offers an API: LanguageTool - API, Open Source and Developer information