I’ve noticed a problem that I think first started with the release of Drafts for Mac that introduced the new search feature. I’ve just (today: 23 April) updated to the latest release and the problem still exists:
Under certain circumstances (including the one described below), use of the keyboard to navigate the list of drafts and select one for editing doesn’t work. An Example:
- With at least a few drafts in my inbox
- Close the Drafts app window and leave it for a while
- Return to Drafts and (due to my settings - new drafts after 30s) a blank draft is displayed
- Press CMD+Enter to move control from the blank draft to the list of drafts
- Press the down arrow to select the first draft in the list
- The draft is highlighted in the list but the editor is blank
- Press the down arrow again to move down the list
- Again, the draft in the list is highlighted but the editor is blank
- Press CMD+enter to edit the selected draft
- Control moves to the editor but the editor remains blank
If at this point I use my mouse to click the selected draft in the draft list, the editor correctly shows the selected draft.
Hopefully these steps might help in recreating this issue.
I wouldn’t say it makes Drafts usable for me at the moment as I can use my mouse - but my muscle memory is all geared up to using the keyboard and I find I’m either slowed down a lot or fear I’m losing or messing up drafts/notes.