Help with MGCheckListPrompt

I want to create an action in which I can easily record the type and date/time I take specific medicines using the MGCheckListPrompt.
I am NOT a programmer by any stretch of the imagination and am stumped on how to tailor this to my needs.
I cannot figure out how to ‘paste’ the information into the Draft and add it to a specific list. Can anyone help? Much appreciated! :pray:
@mattgemmell

Cross-linking to the same question posted on the Automators podcast forum.

FWIW, right now there are a couple of alternative suggestions on that thread.

@Sylumer’s solution looks to be a solid alternative (as usual!)— I’ve done a fair bit of modding of Matt’s CheckList for different purposes, and it’s the basis of some of my most used actions, but not the easiest to work on if you’re very new to JavaScript.

I wonder if Drafts’ built-in autocomplete feature could also serve in cases like this?

Thank you for this suggestion; while not as elegant as what I was thinking (I have champagne requirements and beer tech skills) it is the solution that I’m going with. I’ve just set up sub-headers (medicine name and some useful info about the med) in a note. When I take a particular med, I go to the relevant section and use auto-complete to enter a time-stamp.

Thank you again for your help

I do wish that this stuff was easier though!

Oh, I totally get that champagne/beer thing! Drafts was the primary driver for me learning JavaScript. Took me a while, and I’m by no means any kind of expert, but I appreciate being able do what I can.

Re: the way you’re using autocomplete— am I right in understanding that you’re currently just using autocomplete to insert a timestamp? Didn’t you want to select a medication and have that medication inserted in a log with a timestamp, rather than inserting timestamps under fixed headings?

e.g.
MEDICATION
10:00: Furosemide
15:09: Furosemide

Rather than:
FUROSEMIDE
10:00
15:09

Not that either way is better, though the first way might offer a bit more flexibility if you’re tracking a range of meds (rather than having to scroll to a specific heading to make an entry)…