Help on using Drafts with Devonthink

I am trying to figure out how to use Drafts notes more effectively with Devonthink.

When I try to share a note from Drafts as Richtext, it does not convert the markdown into Rich Text. Even trying to convert it within Devonthink does not convert into rich text.

Maybe I’m using a type of markdown that is not good for converting like this. A screenshot is attached.

Would using a different type of markdown, for example GitHub mark down options make this more compatible?

Drafts settings 2022-12-14 at 10.09.000062

1 Like

DEVONthink uses MultiMarkdown, so there is no incompatibility (and all Markdown “flavours” use the same basic markups, so at worst only certain features like MMD’s random footnotes don’t work in editors/viewers without support for MMD).

It actually baffles me that both converting in Drafts and in DEVONthink does not work. Can you give us a typical sample?

And another question: Is converting to RTF/RTFD really necessary for you? I did this too for a while but Markdown in DT too makes processing them, for example with Smart Rule scripts in the background, so much easier.

1 Like

You know, I think it was just a specific note that I was having trouble with. Trying it again with several more, and it works just fine. I don’t have to do anything specific just leave it in markdown.

This was really helpful. Thank you. Now I’m going to dig into Drafts even stronger. I was about ready to walk away from it.

Glad I could help xou.

1 Like

Hi, did you manage to do it?

Yes, see my comment three places above. It was just an issue with one note.