Get ()[] when I use copy and paste shortcut keys

I get ()[] when I use copy and paste shortcut keys. I have had this issue since I installed Drafts. It occurs on my Macbook and my big Mac. It works OK if I use the right-click context menu. Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

That looks like a backwards Markdown link which is odd in itself.

Maybe the answers to these questions will help track it down?

• Which keyboard shortcut is it that activates this? Copy, paste, or both?
  • What happens if you do your copy as before, but paste into another app? What is the content in the other app, and what happens when you repast in Drafts?
  • Do you get any notification pop-up that an action has run?
  • Do you have anything in the Draft log to indicate an action has run?
  • Do you have any actions that insert text in this format?
  • Do you have an i*OS device and external keyboard? If so, does the same keyboard shortcut have the same effect there?
  • Do you have any third party apps that can monitor and change the clipboard - e.g. Alfred, Keyboard Maestro?

Together these will hopefully help to figure out if the issue is occurring within Drafts or outside of it, and if inside of Drafts, if it could be down to the remapping of a keyboard shortcut (and which one) to trigger an action.

Hello sylumer,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Nothing much helps me there. The tip about actions was interesting. At least I have eliminated that.

Which keyboard shortcut is it that activates this? Copy, paste, or both?

Cmd+c doesn’t work. Need to use context menu
What happens if you do your copy as before, but paste into another app? What is the content in the other app, and what happens when you repast in Drafts?
Does same in other apps (copies ()[])
Do you get any notification pop-up that an action has run?
No
Do you have anything in the Draft log to indicate an action has run?
No
Do you have any actions that insert text in this format?
Do you have an i*OS device and external keyboard? If so, does the same keyboard shortcut have the same effect there?
No
Do you have any third party apps that can monitor and change the clipboard - e.g. Alfred, Keyboard Maestro?
No

What happens if you use Edit > Copy and Edit > Paste in the main menu?

When you hit ⌘-C and ⌘-V top copy and paste does the Edit menu flash like those are being triggered?

Do you have any custom keyboard shortcut overrides configured in System Preference > Keyboards for Drafts?

What happens if you use Edit > Copy and Edit > Paste in the main menu?
Does the same as ⌘-C and ⌘-V i.e. outputs

When you hit ⌘-C and ⌘-V top copy and paste does the Edit menu flash like those are being triggered?
The menu flashes

Do you have any custom keyboard shortcut overrides configured in System Preference > Keyboards for Drafts?
No overrides in shortcuts for the app or anywhere else!!!