Frustrated with Evernote

I’m pretty sure this is an evernote issue, but I’m wondering if anyone has any work-arounds.

once a week, I have to make a markdown bulleted list, and I want to send it to evernote, and to trello.

here’s my sample list:

• a list
  • with bullets
  • markdown
    • list
    • indented
  • not indented
  • bullets
    • indent
      • indented

if I use the “New Note in Evernote” action, I get this in evernote:

• a list * with bullets * markdown * list * indented * not indented * bullets * indent * indented

if I use the “Save to Evernote” action, it gets converted to rich text, but some of the indentation levels get lost, so it comes out like this (with bullets instead of asterisks of course):

• a list
  • with bullets
  • markdown
  • list
  • indented
  • not indented
  • bullets
  • indent
    • indented

I’ll probably keep using the “New Note in Evernote” action, and then clean it up manually. does anyone have a better workaround?

How are you indenting? MultiMarkdown requires 4 spaces to treat is as an indent. I think you may just have indents that the Markdown conversion is not recognizing.

If you use the Markdown preview in the Kayboard-Markdown group, does it also not nest the lists?

1 Like

oops, ya, I didn’t realize it needed 4 spaces for each indent level. Once I put 4 spaces, it’s working! so I modified the “Save to Evernote” action to use the title of the draft as the evernote title, and the body of the draft as the body of the evernote. for some reason, the title is dropping spaces in the middle but that’s pretty minor.

I updated my local copy of the “Indent” and “Outdent” actions to use 4 spaces instead of 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Drafts and Evernote will be the PERFECT marriage on the desktop. Can’t wait!