External Keyboard Shortcut for Searching Actions

Hi,

I‘m looking for a keyboard shortcut for getting to the search field for action. I can open with cmd 0 the action list and with the arrow keys I can jump into the groups or action inside the group. But I like to jump direct into the search field for actions. Sometimes it is faster for me to search for an action without touching the screen.

Regards
Mike

2 Likes

Yes! That would most helpful to have a shortcut for that!

Another thumbs up for that. Also a shortcut to switch action group.

You could create an action to change to another action group.

But just like workspaces, we don’t know what action group is currently loaded. That means we can’t cycle back and forth through an ordered list; but we could load a named/specific group.

1 Like

My point 2 “API Hygiene” in the referenced thread probably applies here as well.

There is not a shortcut to get to action search, will make a note about possible addition. I would note, however, that Quick Search searches actions and is probably the quickest and least disruptive way to search for and run an action.

1 Like

Quick Search is really(!!) useful, but for actions where you have an approximate match, you can’t see as easily which action you want as they scroll off page after you list 2-3 of them, whereas you typically get many more entries in the action list before having to scroll for more.