Export a Draft to RTF?

First, a thanks to responders to my earlier question about subscripts: I’m now having fun using HTML tags to do much of the formatting for my thesis. This question concerns what I can then do with the formatted text. (I’m an amateur at this, so bear with me.)

I know how to copy a Draft to the clipboard as an RTF, which I can then paste elsewhere. I’ve been trying to modify the “Preview and Print” action to make a Preview and Export (or Share, or OpenIn, or …) action, so I can preview the Markdown draft and then, if it’s OK, send the preview where I want it directly. But the Export, Share, OpenIn … will only move the original Draft, unlike Print, which allows me to choose the preview instead of the original file. Is there something I’m missing? Ideally, I’d like to send the preview as an RTF directly to Pages.

Won’t Pages import HTML?

I’ve never used it but would be surprised if it wouldn’t.

I have a variation on this question. Here’s the scenario:

The writing app Scrivener has a feature called Scratchpad: a floating window that displays a collection of editable notes. Scratchpad notes are stored on disk in a user-specified directory. When Scratchpad notes are created inside Scrivener, they’re saved on disk in the specified directory as RTFD files. From my testing, I’ve found that Scrivener will also pick up RTF and plain text files in the designated directory and present them in the Scratchpad.

I have my Scrivener installations configured to store Scratchpad notes in a Dropbox folder. Currently, I’m able to use a simple Drafts Action to send drafts off to that Scratchpad folder on Dropbox in plain text format. This is adequate for my workflow but not ideal.

What I’d really like to be able to do is render my drafts as rich text and save them as proper RTF (or even RTFD) files. That way, notes added to my Scrivener scratchpad from Drafts would retain their formatting.

As far as I can tell, this requires “true” RTF support, not just HTML that gets interpreted as rich text by some apps. Implementing this as a Drafts Action seems out of scope for users, as it would require something like the jsRTF library to generate RTF documents from drafts, plus additional hoops to jump through to actually get the files on disk with the right encoding.

Any chance of seeing this functionality in Drafts, @agiletortoise? This also might be of use/interest to other Drafts + Scrivener users like @lucas222.