Experiencing Extreme Lag While Using Drafts

I have been experiencing very bad lag while typing in Drafts. This started maybe a month ago, give or take, but didn’t really bother me as at the time I primarily used Drafts on my phone. However I have been using the desktop app more frequently now but the typing lag makes it nearly impossible to use. Along with that, Drafts also takes quite a while to open on my computer.

Formerly, Drafts was blazing fast on my computer.

I’m currently using a MacBook Air from early 2014 running Big Sur (Version 11.6.4). My Drafts version is 32.1.1 (63).

I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall, hoping to try to use Drafts without any of my actions, drafts, or workspaces loaded, to see if the lag is possibly being caused by an action group I have installed, but upon reinstallation all of my actions and drafts were restored even though I moved everything out of my Drafts iCloud folder.

Please let me know if there is a way to enable logging or if there is any additional information I can provide that could help resolve this.

Thank you

1 Like

Any chance you’ve been playing with alternate draft syntaxes?

Any change in performance when using plain text as the syntax for a draft?

Does it get worse the longer the draft?

How does the CPU and memory usage look when in Activity Monitor when you are experiencing lag on the Mac?

If this behavior is widespread, not specific to a certain draft text or anything, it is most likely related to issues with your iCloud account at the system level.

Start with a reboot if you haven’t lately. If that doesn’t help, try disabling and re-enabling iCloud Drive. Again, if that doesn’t help, try signing out of iCloud completely and back in.