Excellent release 3.14 from Things with markdown

I send some drafts to Things and I’m glad the markdown formatting will be kept in tasks notes thanks to this new release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wishing the same were true with OmniFocus.

I assume the relevance to Drafts is scenarios like composing in Drafts and exporting into Things. (Which is what I want for OmniFocus.)

1 Like

Yes, that’s it:

• write your draft with markdown formatting
  • launch an action to create a task in Things with the markdown text in your draft
  • in Things, the attached note in the new task respect the markdown formatting \o/

Everyday, I create tasks in Things from single lines in my daily entries draft. Very often, these lines are surrounded by a few others which give context to the task (date, location, who’s there, explanations etc.). These lines are in markdown format and my Drafts action sends them as a note in Things. Before the new release, the note was in plain text in Things. I’m glad the markdown formatting is kept now in Things.

2 Likes

And from my POV it’s an excuse to raise it again with Omni Group - if someone else hasn’t already.

Of course, right now and probably for 6 months, they’ve got their hands full with OmniFocus 4 Beta.

1 Like

Why not come over to the Things-I-verse?

It also not GTD but looks nicer.
Ok no taskpaper- that’s a bummer.

1 Like

I’d rather encourage Omni Group.

To be serious, I can store Markdown in an OmniFocus note. It just won’t render there. Automation could get me rendering - even if I had to write a simplistic Markdown engine myself. Hmm, sounds familiar… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Au contraire…

1 Like

Sometimes - like now - I love to be wrong.
@pdavisonreiber thanks for reminding us.

1 Like