Evernote Not Showing in Share List

I’m using the premium version of Drafts on my Mac. For some reason, Evernote does not come up in the share extension list - even though Evernote is checked under “Select extensions for sharing with others:” All other checked apps show up fine.

Thanks for your help!

No idea why, but for some reason Evernote’s share extension on the Mac does not support receiving plain text. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You will see it’s also not available if you make a text selection in another app (like TextEdit), right-click > Share.

That’s something they would need to add support for at their end.

Ah, look at that - that’s interesting! You’re right, I can’t see Evernote as a share option in TextEdit either. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll chime back in if I get anywhere with Evernote. :crossed_fingers:

Hey I know I’m resurrecting an old thread, but I was just having this problem and wanted to share a limited workaround. Even though sharing doesn’t work, the service does. So if you select the text in the draft, you can choose “Add to Evernote” from the “Text” section of the Services menu.

It obviously doesn’t do anything with markdown, but at least it gets it into Evernote!

2 Likes

I should probably start preparing people for the fact that Evernote actions will not work on the Mac, even when actions ship for the Mac.

As it stands, Evernote’s non-standard APIs (no modern REST options, etc.) mean it is the only service Drafts integrates with that requires me to use the SDK. Their SDK development seems to have been largely abandoned. They still link to an OS X SDK from their development page, but it does not work with their current Cloud API and was last updated 6 years ago.

Their iOS SDK seems to be going the same route. Last updated a couple of years ago, relies on a number of deprecated iOS APIs - and as it is I had to fork and modify it to get it to work in Drafts on iOS.

I’ve made direct requests to Evernote regarding this issue, and made public pleas for a modernized API - but have never gotten responses.

I’m not sure their integration story has a bright future for Drafts or any other apps.

If their integration story isn’t looking good nor is their future. :frowning:

Great workaround! Thanks so much for taking the time to share.

Another workaround is to use the Evernote email import. You can send an email to an Evernote address linked to your account. Works well.

1 Like