Essential for OmniOutliner Users

Some fabulous work here from @Unlocked2412 who helped me out on the Omni Forum.

This Drafts 5 action imports a TaskPaper-formatted Draft into OmniOutliner. The big deal is that it handles notes that are not part of the outline (see “pen, pencil and paper” or “rule of thumb…” below)

So starting with this text:

Gardening:
	- Choose location.
	- Buy basic garden tools.
	- Nurture the garden.
		A rule of thumb for watering the plants is one inch of water per week during the growing season.
Write a book:
	- Establish my writing space.
	- Assemble my writing tools.
		Pen, pencil and paper.
	- Write.

Grab the action at Import Taskpaper-formatted Draft into OmniOutliner | Drafts Directory

1 Like

Would that be the same one that @unlocked2412 posted about earlier in this same forum section?

You’re right, @sylumer. It’s that same action I posted there.

Sorry about that. Didn’t see it.

No problem, @jarno527. Glad you liked that Drafts action.

Awsome, I have been waiting on this one for a long time.

But is there any way of not having to click the “run” button ? Making it happen automaticly?

1 Like

Pretty sure the answer is no. It’s Omni that is giving that dialogue and I think that’s a limit Omni is putting up for security.

Isn’t that an “abuse“ :slight_smile: of Taskpaper? I see no @due(), for example. And the target is OmniOutliner rather than OmniFocus.

Seems like a Markdown application to me.

“Taskpaper” is just a way of describing it or that description could be dropped if it’s more confusing than helpful. The point is specifically for the non-outline elements (see “rule of thumb” or “pen, pencil and paper” above). I had been hoping for a way to get these sections into my OmniOutline under what they call “notes”—elements included underneath the outline elements but not technically children.

1 Like

Right. So that is closer to Markdown.

(In my so-far-unreleased code that turns Markdown into PowerPoint I do something similar: Turn notes into slide notes. Only mine aren’t indented - though I can see why you’d aesthetically do that. Actually, in filterCSV I could probably support this format and make the notes literally node notes for iThoughts mind maps.)

1 Like

Super looking forward to code to send Markdown to Powerpoint. I’m using the Hyperdeck beta and love it. But this sounds great!

1 Like

You can certainly bypass that dialog. See:

This is great. Thanks!

1 Like