Drafts to spreadsheet action

I wasn’t able to find anything either in the Actions directory or the forums regarding getting text into spreadsheets. Specifically Pages if possible.

I would like to have each drafts entry be a new row in the spreadsheet…with the date and time of creation mapping to the first 2 columns. Then have each line of the body of the draft map to columns 3-‘x’.

Is this possible? I’m currently using Drafts 4, but would switch to 5 if that was the differentiating factor.

Thanks

You could certainly set up something to create a file and then use IFTTT to take the file as a trigger and payload and put the data into a Google Do/Sheet.

I don’t think Pages (word processor) or Numbers (spreadsheet) have any URL schemes or APIs for their online versions. But I ccould be wrong - I don’t use them personally. My word processing and spreadsheet work is focussed on Microsoft Office on my PC at work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL…yes ‘Numbers’ not ‘Pages.’

Thank you for your comment. I don’t really work with the online versions of anything. I was hoping for a direct integration through scripting.

You could write the data to a file in Dropbox in CSV format then import it into drafts. Without a URL scheme for Numbers you’d need to open the file manually. From the files app, you could choose the file and then ‘Copy to’ Numbers

Dave

Are there any other decent native spreadsheet apps that would work directly? Excel?

Thanks

Again, you might be able to trigger an update to Excel via a trigger to Microsoft’s own IFTTT style integrator, Flow; but it is a cloud storage based update. Not a local integration.

Keep in mind that just because something is online, it does not mean you can’t have a local copy that is synchronized with a cloud copy.

Thank you for the information