Drafts BuJo Scripting

Hello! I’m very new to drafts and new to scripting in general, I’m sure some of you are familiar with Bullet Journals or “Bujo”. It’s a journaling/GTD/calendar system that can be as minimalist or fancy as you choose.

Structurally it relies on daily/weekly checklists, long term planning/checklists, and a few other functions.

The main idea is you make daily to-do’s which you either accomplish, or decide to move to the next daily checklist or log in a “Future Planning” checklist for future attention. In pen & paper version of this, you use various characters or symbols to move or cancel a task. Examples here: http://zenofplanning.com/perfect-bullet-journal-key/

I was wondering if there was a way I could create scrip to recognize characters at the end of a “Tasks” line to process them into other drafts such as a “Future Planning” draft, move to calendar, etc.

Edit: I tried to search around this community to see if this has been addressed but was unable to find anything. I feel like Drafts power users would fall in the same Venn diagrams as those who use minimalists BuJo’s.

1 Like

Certainly possible. You could have a script based action that you use to process a draft andnthat takes each line, checks for whatever marker you are using and then does something with that line based on what it found.

Take a look in the action directory at things that work with tasks and I’d suggest specifically Taskpaper. Quite often task actions process on a line by line basis and might give you a basis for your own bullet journal action; but Taskpaper in particular uses markers at the end of lines for completion, projects, etc., that might give you an additional jump start.

1 Like

i wonder if something like markdown that might be more intuitive? Im thinking of:

• for notes
    ∙ for events
    [ ] for tasks
    !! for importance
    [ ]> task migrated
    [ ]< task scheduled
  • priority

this is off the cuff. i’d love to send this mark up tp fantastical or evernote depending.

haha. my post got mangled by markup…

Wrap it in triple back ticks.

```
# Markdown here #
``` 

Maybe your suggestion was something like this?

- for notes
∙ for events
[ ] for tasks
!! for importance
[ ]> task migrated
[ ]< task scheduled
* priority
1 Like

You could also date it and append it to a journal.