Drafts 5.5 is now available in the App Store bringing enhancements and more customizability to the use of Markdown in Drafts, along with other fixes and improvements, details below.
Drafts for Mac is coming soon. Drafts Pro subscribers can try a preview release now. Learn more. If you are using the Mac beta already, please update to the latest version along with the installation of this iOS update for compatibility with the new Markdown features.
Drafts 5.5 brings significant new customizations for advanced Markdown users, letting you tailor the Markdown used in Drafts to specific needs. These customizations are in two parts.
- MultiMarkdown & GitHub Markdown Syntax Highlighting: In addition to the default “Markdown” syntax highlighting option, there are new “MultiMarkdown” and “GitHub Markdown” syntax options which add highlight for some of the extensions specific to those flavors of Markdown. The default “Markdown” syntax has been simplified to more closely match the original Markdown specification as well. If you prefer one of these advanced highlighting options, you may wish to select it as your default for new drafts. More details
- Markdown Processor Options: Markdown options have been added in setting to control the Markdown rendering used in templates and previews. It is now possible to choose between MultiMarkdown and GitHub Markdown when rendering, as well as control many advanced options provided by these renderers. More details
Workspace, List Options Additions
The draft list, and Workspaces, can now optionally sort flagged drafts to the top of the list in the inbox and archive - and the option to omit flagged drafts that has been available for the inbox is now also available for the archive. The
Workspace script object has also been extended to support these features. More details in list options and Workspaces documentation.
Other Additions, Changes and Fixes in 5.5
[[line]]template tag now has support for negative indexes in ranges which count back from last line, like
[[line|-1]]returns last line draft,
[[line|-2..-1]]returns last two lines. Templates and tags documentation
- Fix: Margin sizing on iPad accidently broken in previous release.
- Change: Merge operation should remember last selected destination (archive, trash, etc.)
- New: Add additional step summaries for more types of action steps when viewing steps in the action editor.
- Change: Add “keepit” URL scheme to whitelist to work in link mode.
- Fix: Better handling of keyboard accessory positioning to avoid issue with Chinese keyboards on X style phones.
For a complete history of updates, visit the changelog