Drafts 5.10 (iOS) is now available in the App Store, details below.
- OneNote action step. Similar to Evernote action step. Allows creating, appending, prepending to pages in Microsoft’s OneNote service.
New in Workspace
Drafts has always had a somewhat hidden convenience feature when you tap and hold the “+” new draft button. This menu allows for a number of new draft options, and now also has “New in Workspace…” options. Any workspaces you have created which are based on tag-filters will appear here as options and using these options creates a new draft already assigned the tags needed to place that draft in the workspace.
- New: Visibility of action groups in the action list can now be configured like visibility as a keyboard. If the group is not “available in list”, it will not be displayed in group select sidebar or quick access tabs in action list. If a group is not available in either the list or keyboard, it can still be accessed/edited in “Manage” view.
HTMLPreviewscript object to show HTML preview, has one method
- HTMLPreview Reference
Sharescript object to support scripting of system share sheet. Supports not only sharing as text, but sharing as a URL or file, which may be useful in specific cases. For example, this Share as Markdown File action sends to the system share sheet as a “.markdown” file - which when selecting the share to Mail sends as attachment. Includes class methods:
Share.shareAsFile(filename, text)-> boolean
- Share Reference
Other Changes and Fixes
- Change: Some improvements to error messages from failed Dropbox actions.
- Change: Better HTML output for fenced code block when using GitHub Markdown option.
- Fix: Separators not displayed properly when using Operations > Run Action from draft list.
- Change: Updates default action sets.
For a complete history of updates, visit the changelog